This is a modular self-contained HVAC unit, which is purposely designed for a railway HVAC application. The unit contains a scroll compressor that is designed to withstand the shocks and vibrations associated with railway application .The slim design of this unit makes it perfectly suitable to be installed in either the locomotive front end or the cavity behind the drivers cabin.
The louvers are designed for minimal water infiltration, all components are IP65 rated and the enclosure are designed as such to provide adequate water drainage in case of accidental water infiltration.
In order to accommodate extreme low temperatures heating is done with electrical elements.
- Mild steel enclosure with a powder coat finish.
- Aluminium core evaporator with epoxy coating.
- All fans and motors are IP65 rated.
- Electrical heating elements
- Contains the SME developed Multi Application Controller.
- Three fan speed selector switch
- Three modes of operation (heating, cooling and vent)
- Scroll compressor
- High pressure and low pressure fail safeties
- Climate control
- System data logging with Bluetooth interface
- Conversion to dual heat pump system
- 7.5kVA inverter
- Extreme corrosion resistance enclosure
- Telescopic rails
|Supply voltage||380 VAC||380 VAC|
|Operating envelope||-10°C to 50°C||-10°C to 50°C|
|Dimensions (mm)||800 x 400 x 1150||800 x 400 x 1300|