SME promotes in-house innovative engineering, which includes developing state of the art electronic controllers for all our HVAC units. We pride ourselves in our latest invention known as the Multi-Application Control (MAC) System.
SME promotes in-house innovative engineering which includes developing state of the art electronic controllers for all our HVAC units. We pride ourselves in our latest invention known as the Multi-Application Control (MAC) System.
The MAC is a specially designed, ergonomic and modular multi-application control system which encapsulates the complete control system of a HVAC unit.
The MAC is a comprehensive control system with an ingenious design, vast capability and stack ability. The modular stack design enables additions at any later stage, which is ideal for upgrades and new features.
Some interesting facts about some modules in the MAC series:
- The General Purpose Controller (Most Important Module) acts as the master controller to all MAC modular stacks, and contains digital inputs & outputs, analogue inputs, relays, USB and CAN bus.
- The Electronic Surveillance Module (ESM) provides data logging and receives data from all other modules in the system. It then writes it in a recognizable format to an SD card. Real time system monitoring can be obtained via Bluetooth, GSM or a USB connection. An Android smartphone cellular phone or Laptop can be used for retrieval of real time data, but it can also be used for sending commands to the unit.
- Also included is the 3-Phase speed control module. This module is designed to control 3 phase motors, compressors and elements. It operates in 3 modes:
- As a solid state relay.
- As a motor speed controller
- As a motor speed controller that will switch from speed control to solid state relay mode if noisy or unregulated power is detected.
The settings are controlled by pressures, temperatures or as an input via CAN-bus or RS422.
The module provides superfast protection against short circuits on both the power supply as well as the power output. It also provides phase loss, incorrect phase rotation, overvoltage, over current and over temperature protection of the component it is driving.
MAC has been designed in order to:
- Simplify and reduce the space consumed by the control system.
- Reduce downtime as a result of electronic failure (easy replacement of modules).
- Protect the electronics from harsh environmental conditions.
- Communicate to the external devices.